Prana Flow – The Art of Teaching Vinyasa
200 Hours Prana Vinyasa® Teacher Training
An evolutionary method of embodied transformation and radiant health created by Shiva Rea.
Prana Vinyasa® cultivates:
● Inner and outer strength and fluidity
● Skill and intuition
● Vital energy and relaxed being
● Activation and receptivity through balanced and creative fluid sequences (vinyasas)
● A catalyst for transforming old patterns and paradigms of the body, self and the world to discover the potency and creativity within
● A way of liberating the natural flow of spontaneous intelligence
● A cultivation of the art of yoga including: movement, music, sound, visual arts and poetry to deepen the flow
● A way to ride the waves of breath, change and life rhythms
● Living, loving, serving life in all forms
Prana Vinyasa® classes are ritual sadhanas. Prana Vinyasa® classes are breath inspired journeys that offer a complete spectrum (ha-tha) of rhythms from meditative and rejuvenating to the challenging and empowering. The wave of a class is created through cycles of effective and creative sequences (vinyasas) linked together through the breath-wave.
Based upon the teachings of Krishnamacharya’s lineage, Tantra, Sacred Arts, Ayurveda, Bhakti and Somatics, 200-500 Evolutionary Vinyasa Teacher Training models the synthesis approach to integrating the roots and evolution of living yoga that Shiva has been pioneering for over 20 years of teaching in the fertile soil of LA’s yoga community and annual worldwide retreats and teacher trainings.
Embodying the Flow – Art of Namaskar Module
As the foundation module for “40 Namaskar-64 Sequence” movement alchemy system, you will learn “10 Namaskar- Five Solar/Lunar Sequences” as the starting point for teaching vinyasa in a full-energetic spectrum.
this module includes:
● Explore the philosophical roots of Vinyasa Yoga and the embodiment of tantric hatha yoga
● Learn Krishnamacharya’s principles of Vinyasa Krama
● The Origins of Sun Salutations + Evolution of Prana Flow Namaskars
● Embodying the Sun-Moon for balancing active-meditative states within yoga and life
● Living Vinyasa – the micro-macro cycles that guide living flow and the wave of a class
● Develop energetic observation – explore the ability to assess imbalances, blockages, and leaks of energy to a person’s body, mind, and heart-fire
● Embody Prana – understand five movements of Prana from the Vedas, Upanisahds, Tantras, and Prana Vinyasa Mudra Vinyasas
● Learn Prana Vinyasa Energetic Alignment Method to embody Prana and teach these movements as keys to alignment and flow
● Alignment in the flow, and for creative and effective Wave Sequences from a solar/lunar perspective – a uniquely Prana Vinyasa methodology.
● Helping you find your voice and teaching personality through the foundational pathways of Prana Vinyasa® and enjoy the Living Flow Ashram: a community- based, dynamic, creative, and nourishing approach to yoga teacher training.
● Receive support from a vibrant teacher-studies community and online school.
● You will begin teaching the first day and leave empowered to begin practice teaching or elevate your current teaching. You will also experience uniquely Prana VinyasaTM methodologies of: Energetic AlignmentTM, Hands-on Assists, Vinyasa Krama, Prana Vinyasa Three-Part VinyasaTM, and Wave-SequencingTM for the Mandala of 108 AsanasTM.
Energetic Alignment, Hands-on Assists, Vinyasa Krama Sequencing for 108 Asanas – Mandala of Asanas Module
In this immersion, you will learn the energetic alignment for core asanas within the Mandala of AsanasTM based upon an integrated understanding of 1) the movements of Prana; 2) practical anatomy; and 3) how to open and strengthen the core structures of embodiment from head to toe, skin to subtle body. *may be combined with Embodying the Flow or Elemental Vinyasa Mandala of Asanas / Essential Tools for Teaching Flow Teaching vinyasa is an art that requires a teacher to develop related tools using their voice, hands-on assists, observation and energetic attunement to provide guidance that facilitates the state of flow of a class. In this series, you will learn the energetic alignment for core asanas within the Mandala of AsanasTMbased upon an integrated understanding of The movements of Prana, Practical anatomy and How to open and strengthen the core structures of embodiment from head to toe, skin to subtle body
this module covers:
● Hands on assists and alignment for the arm balance and twisting standing asanas from the fire practice
● Learn the solar and lunar air foundation sequences for the natarajasana family of asanas
● Develop an understanding of the heart-expanding nature of a back-bending practice, and the foundation-integration of the previous sequences
● Begin to edit the 4 foundation sequences based on your understanding of wave sequencing, kramas, and families of asanas
● Learn wave sequencing for fire foundation sequences for hip opening and arm balances and the lunar fire sequence for deep flexibility and regeneration.
● Work with Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa Method and Vinyasa Krama to teach to all levels.
● Learn to teach and assist five primary alignment actions of the core “blueprint” asanas of the mandalas and sequence combinations with skill, effectiveness, fluency, and creativity.
● Develop Energetic Observation – ability to assess imbalances, blockages and leaks of energy to a person’s body, mind and heart-fire.
● Review and application of basic anatomy to understand the way prana flows in the muscles, bones and fascia for balancing and lengthening qualities of structural embodiment within the asanas.
● Special Mandala of Asanas Method – self and partner massage for regeneration and learning muscles, joints and boney landmarks of the body relevant to practice.
● Tantric-based meditation and yoga nidra for regeneration
TBA very soon new dates
Any questions or additional information needed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance / Certification / Cancellation Policy
Students must complete all course work related to each module. 100% attendance is required at each module for the full certification to be awarded. To receive your Prana Vinyasa® Certificate you must submit all your course work to JG and follow the guidelines outlined here to complete the full certification. Students who miss any contact hours due to illness or unforeseen circumstances may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions / hours. To ensure you have access to all the corresponding online course material we encourage you to confirm your attendance 3 weeks prior to our start date. We are not responsible for late sign ups and your material arriving late.
It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policy. No one books a training with the intention of cancelling it, but unexpected events do occur and we encourage you to double check the dates to ensure your attendance 100%. Once your payment has been received you will receive a confirmation email and the schedule will follow. You are responsible for your travel arrangements and for the modules which do not include accommodation and food It is your responsibility to make the appropriate arrangements. As this training has limited numbers, it allows for a more personable, intimate experience, our non refundable cancellation policy is in place to ensure the highest quality of service and experience for all. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/ illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds for arriving late or leaving early is available. All payments are non-refundable. Contact us for any further inquires about our policy.